Weight Loss with exercise, without exercise, and Exercise with no weight
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
2010-10-11 09:19:05 UTC
Here's another very interesting study comparing the following
1. Exercise with weight loss
2. Exercise without weight loss (they ate more)
3. Weight loss from calorie restriction and no exercise
4. Control.
a.The Exercise/Weight loss group lost the most viseral fat.
b. The Exercise/Weight loss group livers decrease glucose production
Alot more than the other groups.
It seems that exrecising and reducing calories are atleast not
increasing them has very potent efffects for diabetics.
This should put a stop to those that minimize the importance of
exercise. Oh, sorry I forgot nobody says this.
Actually they do (Susan said this in the past) and its in the
archieves.
Randy
http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/94/11/4258
The Impact of Exercise Training Compared to Caloric Restriction on
Hepatic and Peripheral Insulin Resistance in Obesity
Robert H. Coker, Rick H. Williams, Sophie E. Yeo, Patrick M.
Kortebein, Don L. Bodenner, Philip A. Kern and William J. Evans
Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System (R.H.C.), and the
Departments of Geriatrics (R.H.C., R.H.W., S.E.Y., D.L.B., W.J.E.) and
Medicine (P.A.K.), University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little
Rock, Arkansas 72205
Address all correspondence and requests for reprints to: Robert H.
Coker, Ph.D., Nutrition, Metabolism, and Exercise Laboratory, Donald
W. Reynolds Institute on Aging, 4301 W. Markham, Slot 806, University
Context: It has been difficult to distinguish the independent effects
of caloric restriction versus exercise training on insulin
resistance.
Objective: Utilizing metabolic feeding and supervised exercise
training, we examined the influence of caloric restriction vs.
exercise training with and without weight loss on hepatic and
peripheral insulin resistance.
Design, Participants, and Intervention: Thirty-four obese, older
subjects were randomized to: caloric restriction with weight loss
(CR), exercise training with weight loss (EWL), exercise training
without weight loss (EX), or controls. Based on an equivalent caloric
deficit in EWL and CR, we induced matched weight loss. Subjects in the
EX group received caloric compensation. Combined with [6,62H2]glucose,
an octreotide, glucagon, multistage insulin infusion was performed to
determine suppression of glucose production (SGP) and insulin-
stimulated glucose disposal (ISGD). Computed tomography scans were
performed to assess changes in fat distribution.
Results: Body weight decreased similarly in EWL and CR, and did not
change in EX and controls. The reduction in visceral fat was
significantly greater in EWL (–71 ± 15 cm2) compared to CR and EX. The
increase in SGP was also almost 3-fold greater (27 ± 2%) in EWL. EWL
and CR promoted similar improvements in ISGD [+2.5 ± 0.4 and 2.4 ± 0.9
mg · kg fat-free mass (FFM)–1 · min–1], respectively.
Conclusions: EWL promoted the most significant reduction in visceral
fat and the greatest improvement in SGP. Equivalent increases in ISGD
were noted in EWL and CR, whereas EX provided a modest improvement.
Based on our results, EWL promoted the optimal intervention-based
changes in body fat distribution and systemic insulin resistance.
Smarter to hold to the right daily amount (32 oz) of food to lose the
visceral adipose tissue (VAT) that increases risk of injury during
exercise and http://WDJW.net/NotDiet

Yes, right amount (omer) control as Chris Malcolm is doing is much
more sophisticated and smarter:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.support.diet.low-carb/msg/8d2ef74488074acf?

Be hungrier, which really is healthier especially for diabetics and
other heart disease patients:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/9642aafa0aad16eb?

We do this by weighing our meals per the http://WDJW.net/2PD-OMER
Approach to get our...

http://WDJW.net/Status

and then...

http://WDJW.net/Update

so that there will be...

http://WDJW.net/NoVAT

Being hungry is truly wonderful as proven by four lines of evidence:

Mathematical:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31113247&l=9583a55b45&id=1467768946

Historical:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31113078&l=0071d60632&id=1467768946

Medical:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31107542&l=a51ee83a50&id=1467768946

Psychological:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31229810&l=0b3a2ad60b&id=1467768946

So that we really should http://WDJW.net/BeHungry and say we are
"wonderfully hungry" whenever we are greeted:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31113612&l=cbe72c46ca&id=1467768946

There is pure joy in being used by GOD to convince others:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/8824c8a5b7c7518c?

"A 2005 visit to an Atlanta cardiologist by the name of Andrew Chung
put me on some serious reality

I wasnt just chubby or husky, I am what they often call morbidly
obese. He explained that morbid obesity simply means that if something
happened to me that could be attiributed to weight and I were to end
up in the not breathing state

ok some call it DEAD

that a doctor could simply dismiss it as natural causes related to
weight more or less.

Ive been told I was a chunky fella a couple times, maybe even fat...
but not quite that harshly. Definitely made me think about a few
things, as much as I dislike scare tactics when it comes to health.

Well in the midst of the shock treatment, he also had me come to a
heart wellness seminar that he does on some Saturdays in Mableton.

Nice little get together, he has folks from the community come in and
discuss Tai Chi, exercises, testimonials, all kinds of good stuff.

Then he shows the movie SUPERSIZE ME to set up the pitch for his 2PD
Omer approach that he has his patients use to lose weight.

In a nutshell, in his view, HOW MUCH you eat is more of the issue than
WHAT you eat and portion is more important than any fat content or
calories.

I agree with this. This is why I have always been more successful on
more liquid diets (cabbage soup, slimfast, herbalife (tho dangerous))
than anything else. I wasnt eating the portions I was before that..."

Source:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/e82824a99ba4f187?

Love in the truth,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-certified Cardiologist
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/9ad0c19df5ffc2f7?
Ken
2010-10-11 15:10:48 UTC
-
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
2010-10-12 00:56:51 UTC
... and encouraging born-again (John 3:3 & 5) friends to also pray for
Ken simply because we truly "agape" love him as our LORD commands with
all glory to GOD the Father.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting
different results"
Albert Einstein ...
Source:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/77109afdfa9455f5?

... and ...

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/bd4a3310cdc6e165?

Actually, insanity is simply a condition of being disconnected from
reality falsely thinking fiction is truth thereby suffering from
delusions.

For example, your quoting Albert Einstein's fictional definition of
insanity multiple times and applying it as if it were true serves well
as evidence that you really are becoming insane.
Schizophrenia can set in at any time but it's usual shows up in early
adulthood.
I'm predisposed due to my biological maw spending her adult life in a
hospital as a paranoid schizophrenic before passing in '66
Source:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/40a1fbe0d8ff812a?

Only the truth, Who is Jesus, can keep you from becoming more
delusional like your mom was.

There are others who are also observing that you are exhibiting
psychopathology:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3f56b038f17f681b?

Bottom line concerning you, Ken:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/e444a7f27fc8ae79?

Truth is reality ...

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/459c9c0ed3b24ca2?

... despite your efforts:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3160f9fd903ab7c2?

And, so this bona-fide physician ( http://WDJW.net/HeartDoc ) freely
chooses to continue to pray for you as outlined per the amazing
Facebook spectacle at http://WDJW.net/Salvation earlier:

May GOD save your perishing soul by giving you, Ken, a new heart and a
new spirit (Ezekiel 11:19-20 and 36:26) so that you would be born
again of water and Spirit (John 3:3 and 3:5), http://WDJW.net/Forgiven
by Him so that you would come to trust the truth, Who is Jesus:

http://T3WiJ.com

Amen.

[...]

Marana tha

Prayerfully in the awesome name of our Messiah, LORD Jesus Christ,

Andrew <><
Ken
2010-10-12 15:54:27 UTC
Chuing, STILL a fucked up piece of SHIT
k***@gmail.com
2015-05-19 14:23:36 UTC
I finally found way to lose my fat away..
I follow the program step by step,...after 3 week i lose 20 pounds of my pure body fat..this program really WORK!!
GUARANTEES RESULTS! like they said..
You can find and try this 3 week program here ; http://tinyurl.com/ked28f6