Help Diagnose this Problem
Zaphod
2006-02-13 14:46:23 UTC
My Niece's Husband has been having a problem lately that his Doctors
are having a problem diagnosing.

His symptoms started about 4 months ago.

He would get dizzy and vomit.

Soon he started having short term memory problems.

The dizziness and vomiting have been getting worse and lately has been
happening about 5 times a day.

He has become very week. Sometimes his arms and or hands are numb.

Sometimes he gets some stiffness in the neck.

Lately he is having pain in his feet.

He has started having violent verbal outbursts that he does not
remember.

The Doctors have done CT Scans, MRI's, Vestibular Testing and blood
tests out the wazoo but can not get a handle on what is wrong with him.

They just did a 24 hour EEG at a hospital in Fort Wayne that they sent
to the Indiana University Hospital in Indianapolis. He has an
appointment Tuesday at that hospital to see a neurologist there and get

the results of the EEG.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks, David
PF Riley
2006-02-14 05:45:39 UTC
Post by Zaphod
[...]
Having watched way too many episodes of Forensic Files, I have this to
offer: Your neice is poisoning her husband.

PF
a2z
If you have ruled out poisoning try this: http://w3.ag.uiuc.edu/AnSci/BSE/
Robert
Was there a lumbar tap and studies on the CSF?
Zaphod
2006-02-16 02:54:04 UTC
Update....

Neurologist at the IU Hospital in Indianapolis thinks it is a
vestibular problem probably caused by a virus. He thought the virst ENT

Doctor they saw blew them off and did not want to deal with it. IU
Neurlogist said that the brain will get tired of dealing with it at
some point and quit the dizziness sensation.

More test will be done on a new machine in Fort Wayne.

Will update again when I learn more.

Thanks to everyone, David
groundinghubris
2006-02-24 13:45:41 UTC
my suggestion is hair test for heavy metals; spinal tap checking
protien levels; was or is he exposed on regular basis to pesticides?
symptoms sound classic for pesticide poisoning or neurotoxin.